Become a Pet Sitter
TLC House & Pet Sitting Service, LLC is a growing business which focuses on providing high quality pet sitting services to our valued clientele. We are looking for qualified, professional independent contractors to work with our company. Please review our service area as we only work with sitters that live in our service area.
Please NO calls about being a pet sitter.
MAP OF WHERE WE ARE LOOKING FOR PET SITTERSView Service Area in a larger map
YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN AREAS OUTLINED ON THE MAP.
TLC sitters provide trusted, personalized care for clients’ homes and display a loving, caring disposition with their pets while they are away. Personalized care includes: providing fresh food, water, TLC / attention, play time, as well as yard / litter box clean-up. Other responsibilities may include: behavior modification, medication administration, and / or additional duties as assigned by the client. Please see our service page for types of visits.
Types of Pet Sitters:
- Available between 6-9 am, 10-2 pm, 4-8 pm. This does not mean you can work weekends only.
- Have a flexible schedule 7 days a week.
- Typical duties include, lots of TLC, walking, feeding, administering pills, taking in mail, newspaper, plant watering, cleaning pet bowls and picking up after pets.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Provide service at the pet owner’s home for a duration of 30-60 minutes for each client. Client can be gone for a week and you need to be available to pet sit for a week, possibility 2-3 times a day for that client while they are gone.
- Sitters must be available (Monday through Sunday. Most visits are usually between 10am-3pm. Usually combined with Daily visit or Overnight service.
- Available from 6/8 pm to 6/8 am including weekends and holidays.
- Sitters will stay/sleep at the client’s home for duration of 10-12 hours from evening to morning. Sitters must have their own place to live, as this is supplemental income only. You may stay at one client’s home from 1 night up to 10+ nights consecutively depending on how long the client’s reservation is. You can work a 9-5 job and still be an overnight sitter.
Successful IC should meet the following Requirements:
- Must reside in our service areas and provide service within a 5-10 mile radius from your home. See map of our service area above.
- Sitters must be available for assignments per each clients instructions.
- Detail oriented, organized, strong time-management skills, and able to follow specific instructions
- Typical duties include, lots of TLC, walking, feeding, administering pills, taking in mail, newspaper, plant watering, cleaning pet bowls and picking up after pets
- Must be able to pass a background check and have excellent references
- Available for all MAJOR holidays and rarely travel.
- Prefer volunteer and / or has pet care experience with local vet clinics, animal shelters, groomers, pet stores, etc.
- Legal age to sign contracts -prefer 25 years or older
- Preferred experienced in the administration of injections for both cats and dogs and oral medication.
- Must be able to be bonded and Insured for pet sitting.
- Committed to contracting with TLC and it’s clients.
- Have reliable car, a cell phone (smart phone preferred), access to the internet, and ability to check e-mail daily.
- All services are contracted, and commission-based. We do not guarantee any steady income as this is supplemental income only.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mature, responsible, self-motivated, and professional adult.
- Quick thinker with a LOT common sense approach to problem solving.
- Strong sales skills and positive attitude.
- Outgoing personality and an animal lover (cats and dogs especially).
- Capable of walking two large, energetic dogs (50lbs +) at once for dog walking clients.
- Non-smoker(preferred) who is neat, tidy, and respectful of clients’ homes.
- Pet CPR and First Aid certification preferred not required
We thank you for your interests in being a independent contractor with TLC in a rewarding opportunity.
TLC sitters provide:
♥ Daily/ Vacation Pet Sitting
♥ Daily Dog Walking
♥ Overnight Pet Care
♥ Mid-day visits
♥ Cat Sitting
♥ House Sitting (no pets)
Why Hire a TLC Pet Sitter?
♥ 20+ Years of Experience
♥ Reservations Online
♥ Pet CPR Certified
♥ Prepared for Emergencies
♥ Bonded & Insured
♥ Veterinarian Recommended
♥ Services Tailored for each client
♥ Pet Sitters can text client while away
♥ FREE Consultation
♥ "A" Ratings at Angie's List
♥ Automatic notifications when sitter arrives and leaves your home