Preparing For Your Pet Sitter
Preparing for your pet sitter is easy with these helpful tips.
Your pets deserve “An Alternative to Boarding”. Allow them all of the comforts of home while you travel with peace-of-mind, knowing they are well cared for by your trusted, qualified pet sitter.
Consider These Tips When Preparing to Meet with Your TLC Pet Sitter
Plan to provide specific instructions for your pet and home care as well as the locations of all of your pet and home care supplies. At your initial consultation, your sitter will gather this information, in order to tailor their services to your requests.
A typical visit consists of:
- Fresh food and water, a potty break, playtime, and lots of TLC for your pets.
- Dog walking in your neighborhood may be provided after learning your dog’s commands, and leash etiquette during your consultation.
- Proper disposal of pet waste and litter are also included during visits.
- If your pet requires overnight care and attention, your sitter may offer that service as well.
- Your sitter may also pick up your mail, alternate lights, water household plants, and take out the trash.
- Our dedicated sitters will leave detailed notes documenting their pet and home care. They can even check in with those nervous pet parents while they are away!
To Ensure the Best Possible Care of Your Pets by TLC House & Pet Sitting Service, Follow These Pointers
- Be sure to leave enough food, treats, kitty litter, etc. for the time you will be away.
- Let the sitter know where to locate pet carriers, leashes, and other pet accessories.
- Provide the name, phone number, and address of your vet.
- If your pet is on medication, let the sitter know, and feel free to leave detailed written instructions on how/when meds are to be administered.
- Leave toys and other familiar objects for your pet to play with while you’re away.
- Leave your home at a comfortable temperature for your pets.
- Provide accurate contact information and specify how you prefer to be contacted in case of an emergency (email, text, phone call, etc.)
Give your beloved furry family members all of the comforts of home by calling TLC House & Pet Sitting Service, “An Alternative to Boarding.” Call TLC Pet Sitters today to set up a FREE consultation at 480-588-1DOG (1364) or complete the Request a Consultation form .
For More Information
If you have questions about this topic or general questions about pet care, you can contact Kara Jenkins, Owner of TLC Pet Sitter. We are also available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. View more of our articles on pets here.