Probiotics Benefit Dog Digestion
What are Probiotics? They are beneficial bacteria that live in the digestive tract and aid in your dog’s digestion. Good news for Scottsdale pet owners as several pet stores in the Scottsdale area carry dog food containing probiotics.
What are the benefits of Probiotics? Probiotics inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria such as: E-Coli and Salmonella. They also effectively treat diarrhea, irritable bowel, and even urinary tract infections.
What are some Probiotics that pet owners should look for?
- Purina’s Fortiflora
- Nusentia’s Probiotic Miracle
- Vetri-Science’s Vetri-Probiotic
- Jarrow’s Pet Dophilus
- Thorne Research Bacillus
Where can Scottsdale pet owners find Probiotics locally?
- Choice Pet Market – Scottsdale Rd. and Shea
- Fetch Doggie Store and Kitty Too – Hayden and Raintree
- Petsmart – Camelback and Scottsdale Rd.
Information provided by “Pro” Probiotics, by Mary Straus, The Whole Dog Journal, March 2012